Thursday, December 20, 2007

COMPARATIVE FORM OF WORDS

WRITE THE COMPARATIVE FORM OF EACH WORD BELOW.
1- All of the comparative essays are easier than before.
2- The speed of the train is faster than the speed of the car.
3- The E train in the morning is more crowded than in the afternoon.
4- My dog is friendly than yours.
5- My cousin is thiner than my brother.
6- This room is dirtier than the other.
7- I am strongly successfully with my average than my sister.
8- I am happier in Christmas than my birthday.
9- My cousin is a handsomer model style than me.
10- I am more honestly than my uncle.
11- Today the temperature is hotter than yesterday.
12- All my classes are more difficulty than before.
13- My hair is curlier than yours.
14- My mother is cleaner than me.
15- My friend is clever than yours.

CONNECT THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES USING "HOWEVER".
1- Athens is a very old city. However, it has many buildings.
2- It is warm outside. However, our house is cold.
3- Jack doesn't study much. However, he does well in school.
4- The cost of Spain is crowded in the summer. However, very few people go there in the winter.
5- The bite of a coral snake is nearly painless. However, it can cause death.

COMBINE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES WITH "BUT" OR "HOWEVER". WRITE "NO" AFTER THE SENTENCES THAT DO NOT EXPRESS CONTRAST.
1- Ostriches have wings. However, they cannot fly.
2- We are going to buy a used car. However, we cannot afford a new one.
3- Thomas Edison was not a successful student. However, he became one of the most important inventors in history.
4- Smoking cigarettes is unhealthy. However, many people smoke.
5- They were driving fast. They got a speeding ticket. "no"
6- The spider looks very delicate. However, it can survive almost anywhere.
7- The price is still high. However, we are still going to buy the house.
8- She doesn't like pizza. However, she ate some last night.

No comments: